1. HOW LONG IS THE TICKET PASS TIME AND UNDER WHICH CONDITIONS IS IT VALID?
It is possible to use the same ticket at tramcars at different routes or from tram to bus or vice versa for 60 minutes.
2. ARE THE ANIMALS ALLOWED INSIDE THE VEHICLE?
It is forbidden to bring animals inside the tramcar unless it is kept in a closed container.
3. WHY ISN'T THERE OPERATION MADE TO DIFFERENT ROUTES?
For this, studies are made taking into account aspects like technical issues, tramcar numbers, capacities and number of passengers.
4. IS THERE A PENALTY FOR ENTRANCE TO THE TRAMWAY LINE WITH MOTOR VEHICLES AND BICYCLES?
Yes. The drivers of vehicles and bicycle riders, who have been detected to enter the tramway line, are punished by the relevant units (by Municipal Police in closed lines, by the Traffic Police in open lines)
5. IS THERE SUPERVISION IN ORDER TO AVOID NON-TICKET PASSENGERS?
Yes. At various times and lines, the inspectors check the tickets in the trams and give a fine up to 20 times the ticket price to the passengers without ticket.
6. ALTHOUGH THE TRAM STOPS AT THE PLATFORM, WHY DOES IT WAIT WITHOUT LETTING PASSENGERS IN?
Before the tram departs, it must make a request to crossroad for the crossing priority. This is made by a button inside the vehicle. When this button is pressed and the cycle is started, in order to avoid jam for the motor vehicles, it must leave the crossroad as soon as possible. For that reason, after the cycle is started, all doors must be closed and must not be reopened. Otherwise the motor vehicles at the crossroad will have to wait. If this waiting time exceeds waiting safety time 120 seconds, the tram will make another request and the crossroad will be once more closed for motor vehicles. For this reason, the pedestrians and the citizens in the vehicle must have mutual comprehension.
7. WHY ARE THE CROSSROADS CLOSED LONG BEFORE THE VEHICLE ARRIVES?
The tram is a 34 tones vehicle when empty. The friction is higher. Although it is capable of stopping in shorter distances than its counterparts, it should be kept in mind that it can not stop at a short time and distance as a vehicle with tire wheels. Under this circumstance, as a result of the tests and inspections made with loaded vehicle and considering the safety stop distances, the sensors at the crossroads are placed. For this reason, the so called "long" time and distance as the motorway drivers say, is actually decided in order to avoid them from having an accident.
8. DURING CROSSROAD REGULATIONS, WHY ISN'T THE VEHICLE'S SHORT DISTANCE BRAKING CAPABILITY TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT?
The vehicles can stop in short distances with emergency braking. However, in this case, the acceleration due to emergency braking is reflected to the passengers inside the vehicle. The investigations and experience made shows that in such cases more injuries are probable inside the vehicle than that can occur outside.